Okay, now we are really pushing it. The fact of the matter is that OPRFHS is a pain in my ass, I received yet ANOTHER card about that stupid pool referendum Vote D200 Yes my ass. You know this being an election year we are continuously being bombarded about political messages so it is enough to hear all that shit (no matter how you vote) but to have some bureaucratic agency adding to it is just some sour shit. Do they think by sending some bs about their frivolous project will help garner votes?
Honestly looking at the card all they state as winners are the students, THEN the OP-RF residents, HA! Basically putting the taxpaying residents second, in other words, thank God I rent so I do not have to foot the bill for this shit. But hey I do vote and I do not appreciate such badgering, you do not steamroll someone into voting your way. All that breeds is resentment and then when election time comes up for local government positions in Oak Park, IL, those pissed off residents who still harbor that resentment will vote upon that convictions. Hopefully to appoint new Board members and not have things like this happen again.
A few points:
- When you state “don’t be fooled” and state your points, unless you are a blogger like myself you want to word your points as if you are stating facts not opinion. Meaning “Actual pool cost is $21.m (Not “37.3m”) attitude much? Having an attitude does not win me over, ugly is just ugly, and I vote against it all the time.
- The whole card or message is trying to frame this “us” mentality after they already went ahead and voted to try to move ahead with the project they wanted. It is on the ballot because the residents do not want it in the first place. The board did this on their own now they suffer for it.
- Have you ever heard of an extensive street resurfacing project being voted on by residents, no? Exactly because something like that is necessary, this project is not. How will this benefit the taxpaying residents there is no mention or details if you have time to make two different flyers and send them out before the before the vote you have enough time to specifically state the benefits.
- This card reveals a Freudian slip in the order they state the “winners” of this project by putting the TAXPAYERS, the resident last, they should have been first. In fact, if you are trying to win funding from someone in the real world you tell that group how it would benefit the community and/or the patrons, not how it would benefit you. Ask any kid their weight in gold when they are asking for a new car. The ones that are successful bring up how they will be less of a burden to their parents, there is no mention of benefits to them. The ones that are not successful are the ones stating how they are going cruising to hookup, pick up their friends to get high or go to underage parties that no parents are involved and there are tons of alcohol. Which is basically what this group is doing.
- Quotation marks used throughout the whole presentation of the facts, just shows the level of frustration that is underlining this group’s efforts. I am kind of surprised this is coming from representatives of an educational institution but then again I am not.
I can vote in Oak Park, Il and I rent so this taxing really does not mean shit to me HAHA but I will vote no, so this group win or lose can suck it. Oh one more point they state the actual pool cost is 21.4millon, but in today’s day and age have you ever heard of any construction project coming in at or under the proposed budget? Yeah very rarely, and I doubt this project will be at just 21.4 million but I am not worried I am not paying for it.